Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cats of Chengdu

I was impressed from very early on by all the cats I saw in Chengdu. Many of them very tough looking street characters. They typically ignored me. Not timid like my own cat, they were very independent creatures. At the bottom, is a Cat Cafe. I know what you are thinking but this was a place that had cats just wandering around. They were mostly sleeping or lounging in baskets in the front. Patrons could pick them up and take them in their laps if they liked. Tea and light food was available.At top is a real warrior who I think may have been the mother of the next cat who I found sleeping in a nearby planter. These two were outside a restaurant I frequented and, given the dishes of food and water, had been befriended by the waiters and waitresses.









No comments:

Post a Comment