Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Little Bar


Escaping the heat and having a cold one in "The Little Bar," a small place about two blocks from my apartment. Yes, that is a Bud, much to my dismay. Most places don't have craft beer and when you ask for a beer as an American, they just assume you want Bud, probably motivated by the extra cost. I think it was 20 kwai (the slang term, like bucks, for the yuan), which is about $3.25. If you ask for Tsing Tao, the Chinese beer, it is about 10 kwai, or about $1.60. It is no worse than Bud and it comes in a bigger bottle but they don't seem to understand me when I try to pronounce it :)

With the expensive European cars on the street and the nice shops, you would think this was somewhere in America. Even a lot of the signs are in English, like the Little Bar, but few people speak English.

No comments:

Post a Comment